Saturday, May 8, 2010

Transition Spring-Summer

Rush here, go there, now run there! This is how my life is like close to the end of the fourth term. Spring!

Spring is here.

Wow! I looked out my window, and I saw popcorn popping. This is amazing. I guess it has been here for a little while, but this is the first time that it really settled in.

Birds are back. I love birds. All the different colored birds are pretty sweet. The other day I saw some birds that were yellow and black. They looked so sweet.

Some birds are bad though. On one of the trees next to the walkway to my porch there is a nest of some magpies. The nest is massive. One day the tree was normal. The next day there was a monstrous nest. Those magpies really worked hard. Magpies are really mean though, so I almost went out to destroy the nest.

With the birds came the flowers, shrubs, and the trees. Those are cool too… I guess.

Spring brought track. Track has been the best this year. I am glad I did it. Because I am a ninth grader, I am one of the fastest in my school. Being a ninth grader has many advantages, including: taller than those that haven’t hit puberty, more experienced than those that haven’t ran track before, and we are just cool because we are.

Yesterday I did very well in my track meet. I broke my personal record by thirteen seconds in both the 1600m and the 800m. Now, I am down to a 5:42 and a 2:32. I am very happy about how well I performed.

Spring brings the end of the school year. I am very excited to go to Davis High, but I am bewildered why some of my friends are going to Layton High. Davis is so much cooler than Layton, and most people are going to Davis. Davis is cooler because most of the sport teams are better, it is richer, and the academics are better. The only thing that Layton has on us is acting. Acting is not even that cool. Sorry to those that like acting, but it is true.

The end of the school year brings summer. I am excited to train with the Davis Cross Country Team. Davis always has a very strong cross-country team. Cross-country is always so much fun. We have the opportunity to be at practice at seven in the morning. It is also fun to beat your own personal record. This year my goal is to break nineteen minutes in a 5k.

Summer is an exciting time of year because there is no school. No teachers are around telling you to do your homework. No body is on your case for bad behavior. No schedule telling you where to be when. Summer is something I call freedom. Summer gives a person freedom from the yearly schooling and I am not rushed, not pushed, I can do whatever. Summer is freedom, peace, wonderfulness, sweetness, carless, no schedule, no teachers, and no homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment