Saturday, May 1, 2010

French Teacher

Where has the whole school year gone? It seems like just yesterday I walked into school for the first time as a ninth grader, king of the school. I am now looking forward to high school, but I will be one of the youngest. Yesterday I noticed that we only have five weeks left of this school year. That means that I only have 11 real days left with my French teacher. Yeah!!! My French teacher is a seventy-nine year old lady that thinks she is the coolest person because she cut off her toe, so it would fit in her ski boot better. That isn’t even the scary part. My French teacher doesn’t know what she is doing, and she always makes sick-minded jokes. I did not even know people that old could be sick minded. Whenever we are ready for a test she never gives us one, but when we are not ready that is when she gives it to us. She is also very sexist, and that is the very reason that there are only seven boys while there are nineteen girls in French III. She is also only four feet tall, so when we sit down we are about her height. The other day in French class somebody shot a paper dart at her. The person did not get caught even after the twenty minutes she spent trying to find out. She told us in French that we better tell who it was, but none of us saw the person shoot the dart. She made us write the name on a piece of paper. All of us just wrote I don’t know. She was very made at our dishonesty. It was weird, awkward, annoying, and any other thing you may call it. On all my test scores she always adds up the points wrong, or marks something wrong on my test and right on her favorite students. I really like French, but I dislike the things that my teacher does. My French teacher keeps going on and on and on about that she is only teaching three classes next year. This would mean two periods of French I and one period combined with French II and French III. She says that this is like teaching geography in one corner and US history in the other. The principal says we need at least 30 and maybe even 40 in these classes. In high school they have about forty in each class. She keeps on freaking out. I do not feel sorry for her. I wont be dealing with her next year. I hope I will forget. My French teacher’s grading scale is 95% for an A and everything is impossible. She has ruined so many people’s 4.0 and she doesn’t care. She says they should have tried the whole time. This entire school year we have made it through two and a half units, but we still need to do three whole units with the last eleven days of that class. I just hope that because of her procrastination my class will not receive a load of homework. She used to say it is against her religion to give homework on weekends. Now, it seems like she tries to give homework on weekends. I just hope that I will survive for the rest of this year with this four foot, toe cutter French teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment