Friday, February 19, 2010

Super G vs Downhill

The super g and downhill are very similar, but there are some big differences. In a super g race there are not as many gates as in the downhill. This makes it so they are able to go faster. In the downhill they spread water out to make the snow icy. In these events it is almost like skiing on a sheet of ice. Skies are longer so they are more stable. I really enjoy watching these events because I am a skier. I know how hard it is to ski that fast and to turn that fast without losing speed. My dad use to ski race, he really enjoys watching these ski races. I guess his excitement to watch the races has rubbed onto my brothers and me. We all like to watch these events. It is fun to go skiing and to try out the moves of some of the Olympic athletes. Super g and the downhill start some excitement to go skiing more. I love to watch the super g and the downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment