Monday, February 15, 2010

Great Expectations

Today I was forced to stay home from skiing to read the Great Expectations. (Myself, not my parents forced me. ) This is a very good book, but when I try to read it fast it is not very much fun. I love skiing it is a bummer I had to stay home today to read. The Great Expectations is a weird book about a person named Pip. In the beginning of the book on Christmas Eve he is threatened by a convict to bring him some food and a file. The convict says if he does not he will rip out Pip’s heart and liver. Pip lives with Joe and Mrs. Joe. Mrs. Joe often beats Pip. Pip robs his house on Christmas day. He takes a ton of food including a pork pie, and Brandy. Pip mistakes filling up the Bottle with tar water instead of normal water. He takes the food to the convict, and he gobbles it down until pip mentions that there is another convict on the loose. The convict took all the food and was off. Pip has had many exciting adventures in this book so far. Things never happen the way pip expects them to. Mrs. Joe is always on Joe’s case and Joe is always defending Joe. This book is a very good book, but not a fast reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment